Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The final year in St Johns

Well the 7th grade is done , overwith and we are all looking forward to graduation.
Only Eddie Aversa is not planning to go to North Bergen Highschool. He has planns to go to St Joe's
The rest of us are heading out to the public school system. We are right now thinking about being the class of '76
I myself couldnt wait to move on. Most of the class was just looking to cut loose. The guys started growing their hair longer which was against the rules in a Catholic Grammer school but no body cared. We just wanted out.

Things that happend in 1976,
January 1976
Gerald Ford's would-be assassin, Sara Jane Moore, is sentenced to life in prison
The first commercial service Concorde flight took off
1976 Winter Olympics open in Innsbruck, Austria
Darryl Sittler sets NHL record with ten points in one game
Fleetwood Mac records Rumours, which will be a blockbuster album in 1977
1976 – Patty Hearst is found guilty of the armed robbery of a San Francisco, California bank
Apple Computer Company is formed by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak
The Gong Show debuts on NBC. And the Unknown comic is born!.
Then we were somewhat unleashed on the world!
It is June 1976, We have just graduated the 8th Grade .
We are now freshman ! I can only speak for myself but that was 8 years of my life I will never get back.
The first days of Highschool were scary I admit but once settled in, things all came together for me.
( with a little help from friends, I.E. my brother in law at the time. he know people who knew people in turn I was given a job with the town and so on.)

Next. Finding myself in High school.

No comments:

Post a Comment